Numbers make everything sound more official. Let’s take a look at some of the digits LAA has seen over the past year:
- 2,600: The total number of dogs, cats, and occasional rabbit that LAA has helped spay or neuter since our Low-Cost Spay/Neuter voucher program began in 2010.
- 200: The number of vouchers sent to Lincoln cat owners during the “Fix Me Meow” campaign in early 2016.
- 100: The number (each!) of Chihuahuas and pitbulls spayed and neutered through “The Mighty and the Tiny” campaign in 2016.
- 100%: The percentage of our organization that is supported by donations and volunteers.
Not to toot our own horn, but these numbers are better than we ever could have imagined just over six years ago. That’s a lot of unwanted litters prevented, a lot of pet parents helped, and a lot of shelter animals who have a better chance of being adopted. And our supporters–those in Lincoln and beyond who care about companion animals and people in need–had a huge part in making those numbers so great.
But here’s one number our spay/neuter fund moves toward every day: 0.
LAA is faced with cutting back on the number of vouchers we provide to pet parents in need. Because spaying and neutering is absolutely one of the best solutions to pet overpopulation, we want to avoid this for as long as possible. Now more than ever, we need your support to keep the spay/neuter program going strong.
Here are some more numbers to consider contributing:
- $25 toward a cat neuter
- $50 toward a cat spay or small/medium dog neuter
- $100 toward a large dog neuter or small dog spay
- $150-$200 toward a medium/large dog spay
Don’t know about all the ways you can donate? Have a look at this handy list:
- Mail a check to our post office box: Lincoln Animal Ambassadors, P.O. Box 67072, Lincoln, NE 68506
- Make a secure Paypal donation at lincolnanimalambassadors.org
- Shop Amazon.com and donate 0.5% of your purchase to LAA through AmazonSmile
Visit and make a donation at one of our upcoming events, including:
- I Love My Dog Expo on February 25-26th
- Spay-ghetti and No Balls on March 25th
- Wine and Howl on June 3rd
Your contributions ARE making a difference. Thanks for all you do to help address animal homelessness!