Coffee is the go-to source of energy, relaxation, and socialization for many people around the globe. What better way to truly revel in the experience than to bring along your pup for an outing? The good news is that more and more coffee shops are opening their doors to furry paws. Unfortunately, this friendly extension could end if your pup doesn’t mind his manners. Follow the tips in this guide to create an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Locate the best dog-friendly coffee shops in your area.
- Make sure your leash fits your dog’s weight, strength, and behavior.
- Pack the essentials with a dog-day trip bag.
- Teach your pup to greet others properly.
- Learn how to teach your dog basic training at home.
- Keep an eye out for signs it is time to leave.
- Understand the risks associated with dog poop.
Now that you know some of the basics regarding dog etiquette in a coffee shop, it’s time to start exploring with your pup. Keep the above tips in mind to enjoy a fun day out together.
Written by Aurora James for LAA Pet Talk. Aurora believes there are no bad dogs. She created DogEtiquette.info to share her dog training tips and advice to dog owners everywhere. DogEtiquette.info welcomes and encourages anyone to use its infographics in their writing. It simply ask that you please cite and link to them as the source.
If you’re a pet owner with writing skills, Lincoln Animal Ambassadors would love to hear from you! We’re especially looking for content about birds, exotic animals, and horses. Content may take the form of an advice column or how-to articles. You may even simply wish to act as an expert consultant. If you’re interested, please post in the comments and we’ll be in touch.